Prep time 10 minutes
Kneading time 10 minutes
Proofing time 1 hour 15 minutes
Bake time 25-30 minutes
Makes 12 rolls in two 9x13 pans
2 tablespoons soft butter
1 egg room temperature egg
3 cups flour
1 cup warm milk
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons active yeast
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cinnamon sugar mixture
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup Brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Brown sugar pans
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
Heritage Distilling Dual Barrel Rye Whiskey & cream cheese toffee sauce
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
8 ounces soft cream cheese
2-3 tablespoons Heritage Distilling Dual Barrel Rye Whiskey
This dough recipe can be prepared by hand, in a stand mixer, or in a bread machine on the dough setting.
- For the stand mixer combine all dough ingredients in the work bowl. Using the dough hook attachment, mix/knead 7-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If making by hand, knead the dough 7-10 minutes using your palms.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm place for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and roll to a roughly 16x10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Prepare your 9x13 pans by lining with parchment. Melt 1/2 cup butter for the brown sugar bottoms.
- Pour half the butter and brown sugar evenly into each pan.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly onto the dough and roll tightly away from yourself. Slice into 12 even rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay 6 rolls into the center of each pan and allow to rise 20 minutes. Bake until the rolls are golden and doubled in size, about 20-25 minutes.
- To prepare the cream cheese toffee sauce, place the softened cream cheese in a bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the brown sugar and heavy cream. Bring this syrup to a simmer.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the hot syrup into the cream cheese and mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Continue adding in the syrup slowly, mixing after each addition so you get no cream cheese lumps.
- Add the whiskey last and pour the hot toffee sauce over the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!