Easy Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
1 ready-made deep dish pie crust
2 cups pecan halves
3 T BSB - Brown Sugar Bourbon
3/4 C Dark brown sugar
2/3 C Corn syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
.5 tsp salt
1 C semisweet chocolate chips
*note* for a holiday festive flare, after baking, sprinkle lightly with edible gold dust to make it sparkle!
- Toast the pecans for about 7 minutes. Let cool to touch, then chop.
- Melt butter.
- Combine eggs, BSB - Brown Sugar Bourbon, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, melted butter, and salt until well blended.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Pour the filling to the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, then remove and tent the crust with foil to prevent over-browning of edges.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set and not jiggly.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Serve with your favorite whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Thanks to Holly Jubera, owner of Thacker Mountain BBQ Supply, for this amazing recipe!