July 31, 2018
Thank you to Deborah from @RainyDayBites for coming up with this delcious recipe! For more from here checck out her Instagram Page!
BSB Chicken Waffle Sliders
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons, divided, BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon
1/3 cup plus ¼ honey, divided
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup salt,
½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut in half (or breasts cut in 3 inch pieces)
2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon paprika
1 cup buttermilk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 jalapeno sliced (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Prepare brine: Combine BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon, honey, bay leaves, peppercorns, garlic, and salt in a small sauce pan. Heat over low until honey dissolves. Allow to cool, then place in a plastic storage bag
(1 gallon) or a large glass bowl with chicken. Add enough water to make sure all the chicken is
covered in the brine. Seal and allow to rest at least two hours (preferably overnight) in the
2. In a Dutch oven or pan with high sides, heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees. While oil heats, prepare chicken. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Set up two shallow bowls to dredge chicken. In one bowl whisk flour, cayenne, paprika, salt and ground pepper. Place buttermilk in
the other bowl. Take one piece of chicken at a time. Dip in flour mix, then buttermilk, then flour again. Set aside on a sheet pan and continue until all pieces are coated. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time in the oil, making sure not to overcrowd the chicken, for a total of 13 minutes, turning over midway. When the chicken is golden and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, remove from
oil and place on a tray lined with paper towels. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper over them while they are still hot.
3. While chicken cooks, heat oven to 250 degrees, and make mini waffles using your favorite recipe. If you don’t have a mini waffle maker, use two table spoons batter in the center of each waffle iron. You’ll need two waffles per slider, for a total of 20 mini waffles. Place waffles on a tray in the oven to keep warm, if desired, until chicken has finished cooking, and you are ready to assemble
4. Bourbon honey: In a small sauce pan, over low heat, combine ¼ cup honey with 2 tablespoons BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon and stir for 2-3 minutes. Keep on low.
5. Assemble: Place all waffle bases on a serving tray and top with a piece of fried chicken. Drizzle honey over chicken, top with jalapeno slices, slaw, and another waffle. Enjoy! Note: you can top these with any your favorite toppings like tomatoes, bacon, lettuce, etc.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …